Under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Real Estate Operations or Manager of Mechanical and Electrical Systems, this individual implements and/or assists in all appropriate support and operational tasks related to facility maintenance, moderately complex repair and construction work, move support, meeting setups and general customer service activities provided by the Real Estate Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
Maintenance & Repair Duties:
* Functions as a Facilities Technician, performing necessary maintenance and repairs, as well as implementing preventative maintenance programs.
* Maintains all necessary records associated with the maintenance, operation, and repair of systems and equipment falling within areas of responsibility.
* Assists coworkers with repairs and maintenance to lighting, plumbing, and electrical systems where such assistance does not require trades licensure.
* Performs moderate carpentry and painting duties, and repairs general office equipment, appliances, and furniture.
* Collects and prepares all necessary cost information and submits recommendations on assigned projects for evaluation by Supervisor for bidding to competitive vendors.
* Closes-out assigned work requests promptly upon completion, including relevant information pertaining to work performed. Information to including but is not limited to: problems encountered, diagnosis, resolution, and additional work needed to complete task.
* Monitors the condition of assigned areas and reports outstanding issues to Supervisor.
Audio/Video & Conference Room Duties:
* Assists with the installation of audio video equipment including: LED flat panels, speakers & microphones, cabling, mounting AV devices and performing system tests prior to use by meeting participants.
* Participates in teams of internal and external personnel for AV projects
* Sets up conference rooms and events with furnishings and requested AV equipment, operates when necessary and/or provides direction to users. Ensures rooms are clean, stocked with supplies, and ready for use.
* Maintains equipment and related cabling/wiring in a safe condition
* Coordinates the activities of one or more outside vendors, ensuring the highest standards of performance, best pricing, adherence to contractual obligations, and accurate invoicing. Ensures that vendor's access to company facilities is accurate and up to date.
* Performs essential services to the company including snow removal and emergency operations.
* Assists with the upkeep of landscaping and plantings at THP properties
Qualifications (Minimum experience level required):
* 5+ years commercial construction and/or building maintenance experience in a corporate facilities or property management environment
* High level of knowledge in building operations, including field experience working in building operations and mechanical/electrical/plumbing equipment found in commercial office buildings
High School Diploma required. Trade school graduate preferred.
Skill requirements (include complexity of position and whether job regularly requires independent judgment and discretion):
Employee must be a highly motivated individual who can perform tasks and handle responsibilities with little supervision. This position requires an individual with good skills at prioritizing workloads and an excellent ability to solve problems in the field. Employee must have the ability to safely and effectively use tools associated with the building construction trades and to work on ladders or scaffolding at heights typically encountered inside or outside commercial buildings. The ability to read floor plans, construction drawings, and electrical/electronic circuit diagrams is essential. Computer skills needed for use of Microsoft Office, email, and similar applications are also required.
Interpersonal skills (include personal interaction):
Employee must be able to coordinate his/her work within a project team and work with junior personnel in daily activities. The position also requires good customer service and interpersonal skills within a corporate headquarters environment, interacting with internal and external customers, consultants, and vendors.
All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material. Employee must at all times adhere to corporate compliance policies, department guidelines and policies, and all applicable laws and regulations..
Working Conditions or Additional requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
Must be able to work in a fast paced office and outdoor environment handling multiple demands simultaneously and be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. This position requires the use of written, verbal, and visual sources of information to complete daily tasks. Employee must be safety conscious and have the following abilities: to lift up to 70 pounds; to climb ladders; to use hand and power tools; to bend, reach, and stretch; to lift materials weighing up to 70 pounds; to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions; to walk and stand for extended periods of time; to perform manual labor consistent with maintenance and equipment upkeep. Work involves installing and/or operating electronic equipment, components, etc. and working with AC voltage circuits. Employee will work at a PC for moderate periods of time. Some equipment utilized for tasks may be noisy.
Overtime is often required to assist with critical project deadlines and to perform essential service functions. This time may be required early morning before normal work hours, in the evening after normal work hours, or on weekends, depending on the task particulars and weather conditions.
A valid driver's license is required as some outside travel may be required to visit supply stores and vendor locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Published 3 days ago
You can see similar jobs for here