Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative generates revenue by helping existing customers, qualifying new opportunities, understanding, and interpreting basic technical requirements, and developing accounts in collaboration with direct Sales Managers, Manufacturer Representatives, and resellers.
The role is based in Warrenville, IL. We are in the office as a team, with optional WFH one day per week (fixed schedule).
- Generate and qualify sales leads with existing and potential customers. Solicit and coordinate face to face meetings with Ohmite field sales.
- Develop sales by researching sales patterns, similar customers, market trends, competition, synergistic and associative products, and communicating that value to customers
- Maximize pricing using sales history, market knowledge, and the customer journey. Proactively manage quotations, contracts, distributor resales
- Full ownership of customer forecasts, procurement protocols, and administrative requirements, such as Non-Disclosure Agreements, surveys, intranet, annual bids
- Progress sales opportunities through Ohmite’s Customer Relationship Management tools, recording actions and communicating next steps
- Leverage Ohmite Engineering and Operations resources to develop customer trust, rapport, and long-term revenue.
- Strategize with Regional Sales on specific customer targets, markets, and business development goals.
- Global coordination with other Inside Sales members for multi-location customers and customer manufacturing sites
- BA/BS University degree with concentration in Business, Marketing, or any technical discipline
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Strong, demonstrable use of Microsoft Office applications
- Persuasive and reassuring phone and written communication skills
- CRM (Microsoft D365 a plus) experience
- Collaborative, and enthusiastic team and company spirit
- Prospecting, closing, customer-centric focus and skills
- Ability to calculate discounts, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Reliable and consistent work habits
- Motivation for sales
- Able to work with minimum supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Possesses working knowledge of company policies, procedures and computer systems.