Senior Cost Accountant
Our client (Automotive Supplier) in Warren, MI needs to hire a Senior Cost Accountant to provide support.
JOB TYPE: Full Time. DIRECT HIRE .
PAY: $75,000 -$85,000 Annual plus performance bonus Medical / Dental / Vision
SCOPE: Provide direct support to the Pl ant Controller by performing all functions of the standard cost system and providing analysis of item costing and inventory transactions.
- Review and reconcile the perpetual inventory to the general ledger monthly.
- Analyze the profit margin on all manufactured and purchased parts.
- Calculate standard overhead and labor rates annually.
- Perform all cost roll activities.
- Assist the Plant Controller with annual budget preparation.
- Coordinate annual physical inventory. Oversee cycle counting activities.
- Responsible for cost related journal entries, reconciliations, reserves, etc.
- Prepare reports and statistics reflecting account balances for accruals, year-end audit records and reconciliation worksheets, labor reports, and other reports / KPI’s.
- Support successful launch of all new programs with proper quoting support.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing events and other cost reduction support.
- Participate in safety walks or other plant functions.
- Educate plant management personnel in the use of cost data for effective decision making.
- Daily printing / distribution of invoices with support to Corp Shared Services Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with all audits, SOX reviews and compliance issues.
- Responsible for monitoring and capitalizing all Fixed Asset projects and related Cap-Ex spending forecasts.
EDUCATION AN EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Prefer 3 to 5 years of financial experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in Cost Accounting for a manufacturing company. Journal entries, accruals, reconciliations experience.
- Plex ERP software experience is a plus. Otherwise, another mid to large ERP accounting system.
- Ability to analyze data and strong mathematical ability. Team Skills, Strategic/Systemic Thinking
- The position requires a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Seeking a candidate who is available and can pass a background check.