Medical Research Assistant
GDIT is seeking a Special Project Assistant in support of the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) Infectious Disease Field Surveillance and Laboratory Research Services. As the Navy hub for the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center, the NHRC Operational Infectious Diseases Directorate conducts on-going, laboratory-based surveillance of US military populations in unique environments to quantify and study the etiology of infectious illnesses.
This role supports laboratory projects separate from the normal infectious disease surveillance. Typically, these projects consist of in vitro diagnostic device testing and evaluation for a government or industry sponsor.
- Provide operational support, to include analytical evaluations and prospective clinical evaluations, for diagnostic evaluations, clinical studies, and/or clinical trials sponsored by Federal Agencies or private companies, subject to final GS or military approval.
- Assist with maintaining Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) standards during performance of laboratory testing in accordance with GLP Regulations – 21 CFR Part 58 (FDA).
- Complete on‐line and in‐house training related to assigned job duties.
- Assist with providing sample handling, including check-in, aliquoting, and adding to the database.
- Assist with monitoring and tracking inventories of contractor owned/acquired tools, equipment, and supplies needed for effective surveillance, subject to final GS or military approval.
- Assist with data entry to track the delivery of new contractor owned/acquired equipment, as well as notate corrective and preventative maintenance actions, subject to final GS or military approval.
- Assist with setting up, operating, modifying, and maintaining laboratory equipment and apparatus, subject to final authorization by the biomedical department and GS or military approval.
- Assist with recording the status and location of all documents in the appropriate database and assist in data entry as needed, subject to final GS or military approval.
- Assist with receipt, tracking, management, and delivery of equipment and supplies related to the performance of this order.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.