Director 3 - Facilities Operations
Strategic Facilities Operations Director
Sodexo Government Services has a dynamic career opportunity for a Strategic Facilities Director for our facility management business with a high-profile Government Services client in Connecticut.
This Facilities opportunity will require someone to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results. Our clients depend technical expertise to help them to optimize their business.
This is a high- profile position with regular client interactions and Sodexo leadership – interpersonal skills and ability to handle a high degree of accountability will be necessary.
About the contract:
- This business is over $8 Million Annual Revenue
- Sodexo provides maintenance and custodial services for all 23 of the Service Plazas along Interstate 95, Route 15, and Interstate 395, all located in Connecticut.
- Each of the service plazas has food, retail and convenience/fueling tenants that deliver required services to travelers on some of the busiest highways and parkways in the Northeast and the US.
- The position is in Trumbull, CT office and is expected to be available to travel to all Service Plazas and client meetings, as needed.
About the position:
The Facilities Operations Director will report directly to the VP of Facilities Operations. This role will be responsible for managing 23 State of Connecticut Department of Transportation Service Plazas and a team of 100+FTE's. Areas of focus, but not limited to, the following:
- Combine your proven leadership and Facilities Management technical expertise to enhance existing (or new) client programs including short and long range planning, construction/renovation projects, preventative and corrective maintenance, energy management, grounds and landscaping, janitorial and the HR/Finance/Admin team of 8 at the main office.
- Oversight of all site and facility management, maintenance and custodial services for all the Service Plazas. Provide the highest level of service, innovation and quality for the following Service Scopes:
- Refuse and Recyclables
- Interior and exterior maintenance (HVAC, Plumbing, Mechanical, PM, etc)
- Snow Removal
Qualifications & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management with a focus on LEED O&M principles;
- Ability to communicate effectively at the C- Level
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
- Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) is a plus; and
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related fields is preferred.
About the team: Over 100 custodial and maintenance employees across the Service Plazas. This position will report to the Vice President of Facilities Operations for the segment. There are over 7 management employees throughout the campus that this position will be an integral part of.
About Sodexo's Government Segment: We are a federal contractor within Sodexo and have a business portfolio of approximately $450 million in revenue and our star status client portfolio includes the U.S. Marine Corps, Air Force, Intelligence business and Federal Government locations throughout the United States and Guam.
Come join a growing segment and grow your career!
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Basic Education Requirement- Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience- 5 years
Basic Functional Experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.