Material Handling Technician I
Maintenance Technician I
- Assists in the installation, preventive maintenance, and corrective repair of the automated packaging and distribution equipment.
- Maintains and repairs distribution center racking.
- Troubleshoots basic conveyance problems and AC circuitry and understands the proper resources for resolution.
- Repairs and maintains material handling equipment and building pneumatic systems. This includes but not limited to belt tracking, component adjustment/replacement, component lubrication, etc.
- Creates and closes Work Orders to include labor hours, equipment maintenance, and parts used into the asset management system.
- Completes preventive Maintenance routines, documentation and procedures.
- Locates and tracks spare parts from inventory.
Education and Experience
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum of one year of related experience and/or training.
- Previous work experience in basic preventive/predictive maintenance & troubleshooting skills and repair methods with conveyors
- Previous experience or coursework in Mechanical and/or Electrical basic components, compressors and pneumatics.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, long periods of standing, walking, climbing stairs/ladders and ability to lift/carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Ability to work with power tools, metal, and wood fabrication.
- Previous experience in Dematic and/or Intelligrated systems and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) preferred.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Published 4 days ago
You can see similar jobs for here