Security Officer - FT - DoD Clearance Required - Avaya - Thornton
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Department of Defense (DoD) Cleared Security Officer.
An Allied Universal Professional Security Officer assigned to this specific job position will be responsible for the protection of and access to highly classified and sensitive equipment, technology and information. Protection of this equipment is extremely regulated in a controlled environment and only highly qualified Professional Security Officers are charged with this critical responsibility. Rigorous adherence and understanding of security protocols is mandatory, as is a US Government security clearance. The Allied Universal Professional Security Officer candidates for this position will undergo an extensive vetting process by Allied Universal, the client and the US Government (DoD). This mandatory process is lengthy and thorough.
Allied Universal Professional Security Officers perform many tasks including preserving order and enforcing regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. Officers may be required to patrol or respond to calls for service on the facility by foot, bicycle, or vehicle. Other duties required of a professional security officer include working at an entry control point to a facility and answering phones, greeting guests and assisting employees.
Essential Tasks (list not all inclusive):
- Protect persons, assets and information
- Respond to and assess security alarms or emergency alarms, emergency situations, medical aid, fires, oxygen deficiency alarms, first responder; secure classified information, escort visitors and contractors, secure ingress and egress situations
- Ensure the highest quality security services in the protection of personnel, property and information with professionalism; fulfill duties politely, without fear or favor
- Preserve order and enforce rules, regulations and directives for the viability of the site and the safety of personnel, equipment and sensitive information
- Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Patrol the facility, internal and external
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances, both through written and verbal means
- Know site-specific operations performance manuals and post orders
- Open/close, lock/unlock sensitive rooms and areas
- Conduct personal sweeps in closed areas; monitor prohibited items in certain areas
- Conduct “person lookups” for rights and permissions to specific areas and rooms
- Correspond and interact with corporate security personnel regarding orders and execution
- Minimum of 3-5 years high-level security experience on DOD site or similar in military
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree or higher (preferred)
- Ability to write clear concise incident reports
- Understand proper radio protocol
- Possess a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Be articulate and able to explain a situation coherently
- Be a leader and self-starter
- Have experience managing or leading a team of individuals
- Understand accountability and lead by example
- Be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) position appropriate level security clearance
Basic requirements for the US Government clearance are as follows: The US Government adjudicators consider the totality of the investigation when issuing a clearance. If you have any questions regarding these requirements, you may request consultation with the Allied Universal Services Compliance Manager/Facility Security Officer.
- Applicant must be a US citizen
- Applicant cannot hold citizenship in any country is addition to the US
- Applicant cannot have any foreign property, business connections or foreign financial interests
- Applicant’s immediate family must be US citizens; This includes spouse, parents, step parents, brothers, sisters, step brother, step sister, in laws and non-family cohabitants; If the applicant is unmarried, applicant cannot be cohabitating with a non-US citizen
- Applicant must have very good credit, including no debt that is in default or not paid as agreed, and no bankruptcy filed in last 5 years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever been arrested, investigated, detained, or charged with any criminal offense, including under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ)
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever pled guilty or pled no contest to any charge (felony, misdemeanor, military code or traffic offense
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has been a part of any civil court proceedings within the last seven (7) years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever had any disciplinary or counseling action related to their use of alcohol
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has EVER used, purchased or sold any illegal drugs
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has consulted with a medical professional about a mental health condition other than marital, family, PTSD or grief counseling
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever defaulted on a loan, declared bankruptcy or had personal property repossessed in the last ten (10) years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has had ANY debt placed in collections in the last seven (7) years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has EVER had a tax lien or wage garnishment
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he is currently delinquent on any taxes (federal, state or local)
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever been late or are currently delinquent on any child support payments
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has deliberately misused an automated/computer information system
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if, in the last ten (10) years, s/he had any of the following situations occur:
- Fired from a job
- Quit a job after being told they would be fired
- Left a job by mutual agreement following allegations of misconduct
- Left a job by mutual agreement following allegations of unsatisfactory performance
- Left a job for other reasons under unfavorable circumstances
- (NOTE: The government reserves the right to require an individual to take a polygraph at any time once the individual has been approved for a security clearance)
This is a highly visible and trusted position for which ONLY qualified candidates will be considered. If you qualify based on the above requirements, please complete the position application.
If you do not qualify for this specific position, please feel free to complete an application with Allied Universal Services for another position.
In the Security Industry, a Professional Security Officer may be required to possess a guard card/license depending on the state in which they are employed. The guard card/license is paid for by the owner of the license and becomes the property of that individual.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes