Engineering Project Manager
Leidos’ Security Detection & Automation operation is seeking an Engineering Project Manager in Tewksbury, MA to join our cross-functional engineering team using cutting edge technology to develop truly novel solutions that make travel and trade safer, healthier, and more efficient on a global level. This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager with a background in product development and a passion for engineering to plan, conduct and manage engineering research, design and development projects involving hardware or software solutions in a diverse and collaborative R&D environment.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- High level of oversight for engineering research, design, development, and sustaining projects.
- Responsibility for project schedule and budget and drives cross functional technical team to achieve technical objectives.
- Work with teams on product development of automated analysis systems, software, x-ray systems, and network solutions.
- Lead through complete lifecycle phases including requirements, concept development, design reviews, V&V and release to production using established formal development process.
- Responsible to manage and publish technical design specifications including analysis and decomposition of customer, product lines, sales and key suppliers requirements into subsystem specifications.
- Define test strategy and V&V plan with traceability back to requirements to ensure compliance.
Required Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar. MS is preferred. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, at least 3 being in project management
- Previous experience in an engineering program supporting hardware device(s) or system(s)
- Strong planning skills including defining requirements, time estimating, communicating progress to stakeholders at each phase of project, documentation, and testing
- Broad Engineering background sufficient to analyze design data related to electrical, software, mechanical, and physical science disciplines. Position requires working with subject matter experts to make design trade-offs with respect to cost and performance.
- Proven experience with managing major suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Proven experience to estimate project budget and schedule required across engineering disciplines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- US Citizenship required
- PMP certification
- Solid (1-2 years) experience with the development of X-ray systems or analytical (measurement) systems
- Experience working with teams on product development of algorithms, imaging systems or trace analysis systems
- Hands-on design engineering experience with the development, and production of electronics equipment for use in medical devices, government security and/or military appliances, or similar
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management