Maintenance Tech - HVAC
Wellmore of Tega Cay is now accepting applications for Maintenance Tech II/HVAC:
Ask about our Elevate program - we will provide up to $2500 in scholarship dollars if you completed your HVAC certification up to 6 months prior to employment.
Why work for us:
- Occasional weekends (very few)
- No mandatory On-Call
- Better working environment (not continuously in an attic or crawl space)
- Less Wear and tear on your body.
This position assists all maintenance personnel in the short term, preventative and emergency maintenance programs for the buildings, grounds and equipment at the campus. This position supervises special projects, handles compliance issues when needed and performs independent tasks. Responsibilities will include the completion of all assigned work orders, maintenance projects and preventive maintenance measures under the supervision of the Director of Facility Services.
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Advanced technical training in at least four of the following areas: mechanics, electrical, plumbing, sprinkler systems, landscaping, or HVAC required.
-HVAC and Universal EPA certifications are required.
-CPO certification required.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Mechanical or maintenance experience required.
- Two years' experience in a similar maintenance position desired.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use hand tools, automatic / electrical machinery, carts, and dollies.
- Ability to exhibit efficient computer skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and OSHA compliance.
- Ability to use blue prints, drawings, drafts, and schematics in trouble shooting electrical, HVAC, plumbing, structural, and equipment problems within the campus.
- Basic knowledge of swimming pools and swimming pool maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile insurance carrier.
- Work outdoors and indoors during the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC
system, carpeted flooring, normal office noise levels).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs.
- Ability to climb extension ladder up to and above roof height.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 100 pounds or more.
- Ability to swim at least 25 yards.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Respond to medical emergencies on a rare occasion.
- Assist with resident evacuations, if ever required.
21 days of PTO + PTO Payout Program, Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, 401k with company match, Education Reimbursement and more!