ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Controller, exercise responsibility for establishing, maintaining, monitoring and reporting accurate product costing and inventory data. Assist in establishing and implementing new or modified cost accounting systems, methods and procedures. Provide cost accounting support to all areas of the company as needed with an emphasis on the business units. Coordinate and control the input and output of inventory entries in SAP CO module.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Check and clear data on labor and materials costs burden and expense items, inventory, and profit and loss adjustments
• Ensures complete monthly inventory-related account reconciliations
• Monthly closing activities including margin and variance analysis
• Conduct and monitor excess and obsolete analysis, turns, target levels, and maintain cost element group codes
• Manage and maintain the cycle count program
• Ensure routings accuracy, oversee overhead and labor rates
• Assists Controller in the preparation of the annual budget for standard costing and prepare regular and special analyses, summaries, and reports on costs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse business community. Must be a team-focused individual as exhibited in actions and approach to engaging multiple groups (internal and external) interacting with this position.
• Must be flexible in a dynamic environment to change practices or procedures in order to deliver optimum performance.
• A high degree of analytical effort, initiative, ingenuity, and judgment is required in being able to (1) recognize discrepancies and/or misstatements within financial data; (2) recognize if accounting data is reasonable and correct; and (3) being able to recommend improvements in accounting systems and procedures.
• ERP expertise: SAP CO module preferred
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
B.S. in Business Administration - Accounting major required; 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Extensive knowledge of cost accounting. Must have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must have strong analytical skills, communication skills, and time management skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Published 20 hours ago
You can see similar jobs for here