Digital Realty supports the data center, colocation and interconnection strategies of customers across the Americas, EMEA and APAC, ranging from cloud and information technology services, communications and social networking to financial services, manufacturing, energy, healthcare and consumer products.
Now is the time to join Digital Realty and be part of the world’s trusted foundation powering digital ambitions to our customers, prospects and partners. Digital Realty’s heritage is understanding a customer’s local to global data center needs to address mixed workloads and densities. Enterprises are adapting IT strategies on-the-fly to meet rapidly evolving demands. As data creation and consumption are increasing, so are the tools, clouds, networks and resources needed to support it. This data gravity effect can lead to global workflow management that isn’t consistent across deployments, only compounding the complexities. As one of the world’s largest data center companies, Digital Realty is seeking motivative and imaginative professions to grow our Enterprise business with collocation and scale offerings combined best in class connectivity, cloud and data centric solutions.
POSITION: Facility Assistant
The Facility Assistant is a part of the Data Center Portfolio Operations Team. The Facility Assistant shall provide day-to-day operations of a large scale Data Center electrical/mechanical plant, while ensuring the highest levels of reliability and availability are maintained.
- 2 years of facility management experience in a high reliability data center or similar environment preferred
- Background in carpentry and general building hardware maintenance (doors, locks, windows, flooring, etc.) preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite applications, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Rudimentary problem solving skills, technical and organizational expertise
- Actively solicits feedback to ensure all activities and deliverables meet expectations
- Basic carpentry skills
- Painting experience
- General mechanical skills
- Extended hours may be significant at times
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language
- Responsible attitude with strong work ethic; leading by example in attendance, attitude and technical work product
- Ability and willingness to respond to emails after hours in the event of an emergency
- Assist with minor facility modifications
- Assist as a security monitor (includes looking for security violations and at times escorting contractors to secured areas)
- Assist with shipping/receiving and general loading dock activities and operations
- Perform daily walk through of facility and maintain facility logs in compliance with walk through observations
- Assist Managers with obtaining facility related price quotations and bid proposals
- Assist with scheduling repairs and preventative maintenance of general facility equipment and grounds, including but not limited to landscaping, irrigations systems, elevators and lifts, dock levelers, pest control and trash removal
- Assist with cleaning and general maintenance of the facility
- Perform general maintenance tasks. Typical tasks include light carpentry, light landscaping, changing light bulbs, crating and uncrating equipment, painting, door hardware and adjustments. Be able to utilize all standard hand tools
- Assist the Infrastructure Managers with the maintenance of HVAC systems, electrical systems, fire extinguishers and other facility equipment
- Maintain work areas in a neat and safe manner
- Organize and file facility documents
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.