Radiologic Technologist - Springfield, NJ
$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
1,000 Sign on Bonus
As a part of the OptumCare network, Riverside Medical Group is seeking a Radiologic Technologist to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Explains procedures and process to patients.
- Moves imaging equipment into the specified position; determines exposure factors on the basis of height, weight, the portion of the body involved, and the degree of penetration required; and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patients and staff
- Performs specialized and routine diagnostic radiology procedures
- Processes images and reviews them for proper identification and quality control
- Prepares images for reading by the radiologist or requesting physician
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- License or temporary permit to practice Diagnostic Radiology in the state of New Jersey
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with Epic EMR software
- 1+ years of experience working as a Radiologic Technologist
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification
Opportunities with Riverside Medical Group. Discover what it means to be part of a top-rated, premier medical practice with a deep commitment to serving its community for over 35 years. We’re also part of the best hospital system in New Jersey and one of the best 50 hospitals in the nation. Riverside Medical Group has over 25 locations in Northern New Jersey, and we deliver quality-focused care to patients of all ages. We recently became part of OptumCare—the health care delivery part of Optum, backed by the scale and resources of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. Every day we provide the ultimate patient experience through round-the-clock access to health care teams, same day and walk-in appointments, as well as charitable giving and a foundation that supports scholarships and medical research. At Riverside, you’ll play an important role in helping people achieve optimal health, and that’s just the start. Learn more about career opportunities with Riverside Medical Group, where you can help change the world as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Radiologic Technologist, Rad Tech, X-Ray Technician, X-Ray Tech, Radiologic Technology, AART, Springfield, NJ, New Jersey