Drafting Coordinator (Drafter III)
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shapeindustries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complexengineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power.Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturingtechniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensurecustomer success and shareholder value.
Building and Construction Systems, a business unit of Arconic,is the leading manufacturer ofarchitectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial constructionindustry. Kawneer is part of Arconic’s global Building and Construction Systems(BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems andproducts in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We have an immediate opening for a Drafting Coordinator at our Flagship plant in Springdale, AR. This position is a key part of our TechnicalServices Department in overseeing and managing the outsourced drafting vendors foraccuracy. In addition, this role will use computer-aided draftingsoftware and established drafting standards to develop 2D/3D/BIM layouts,drawings, and designs that meet engineering specifications in addition toreviewing architectural, structural drawings and specifications, understandsproduct usage and design for application, and retrieve information to completedrawing, layout or design.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Uses detail drawings orengineering specifications to dimension, scale or line locate;
- Lead and execute smallto medium standard, modified standard and custom projects;
- Ability to check shopdrawings of others using established drafting standards ability to train othersin 3D/BIM;
- Read/interpret as soldmaterial proposals and set up/run standard meetings to start project work;
- Prepare shop drawingsand/or part drawings for standard, modified standard, and custom projects usingestablished drafting standards;
- Incorporate marked upcorrections from internal and external customers with minimal supervision;
- Prepare die drawings forprojects and customer request;
- Require knowledge of avariety of standard products and procedures;
- Interpret architecturaland structural drawings, specifications, design drawings and sketches, andreview with team leaders to ensure correct interpretations;
- Well-rounded knowledgeof manufacturing, installation, and glazing processes;
- Adhere to policies andprocedures;
- Maintain files and recordsof drawings;
- Maintain current set ofArchitectural and Structural drawings;
- Download from FTP sitesas needed;
- Understand specificationsections for a project to ensure correctness of shop drawings;
- Identify problemareas/nonstandard areas of project by reviewing architectural and structuraldrawings and be able to problem solve these areas;
- Communicate requests forinformation (RFI’s) after review of architectural and structural drawings tothe project manager or customer if necessary offer department improvements toreduce claims and improve efficiency of shop drawings.
- HS Diploma or GED from aqualified educational institution
- Minimum of 3 years’manufacturing, construction, or architectural experience;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experiencewith AutoCAD/Revit/Inventor
- Employees must be legallyauthorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibilitywill be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available forthis position.
- Associate Degree inDrafting or Design from an accredited institution;
- Drafting Certificatefrom an accredited institution;
- Experience incurtainwall/ window wall design projects;