This opening is in our Kawneer business which is located in Springdale, Arkansas. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic’s global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
As a part of the Springdale Technical Services Department, this role is key to our drafting services by using computer-aided drafting software to draw Kawneer products that meet engineering specifications to meet customer deadlines. This role assists with mentoring and training less experienced drafters.
Key Challenges / Responsibilities:
- Uses computer-aided drafting software and established drafting standards to develop layouts, drawings, and designs that meet engineering specifications.
- Reviews architectural, structural drawings and specifications, understands product usage and design for application, and retrieves information to complete drawing, layout or design.
- Uses detail drawings or engineering specifications to dimension, scale or line locate.
- Lead and execute small to medium standard, modified standard and custom projects.
- Check Drafter I using established drafting standards.
- May also be involved in 3D modeling and its implementation.
- Read and interpret as sold quotes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and education:
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, BIM, and 3D modeling software
- Detail oriented and the ability to see projects in 2D and 3D
- Experience in the construction or manufacturing industry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in drafting
- Ability to work independently and meet work deadlines
- Prior experience in mentoring or informally leading a team is preferred
- Drafting certificate or associate's degree in a drafting or mechanical engineering related field preferred
Internal Customers: Project Management, Engineering, Take-Off, Design, Estimating, Production Control, Tooling and Manufacturing Departments
External Customers: Sales, Architect, General Contractors, Customer, Service Centers
- HS diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of drafting experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with AutoCAD or a related drafting software program.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Drafting certificate or an Associate’s degree
- 1 year of experience with AutoCAD Inventor
- 3 years of drafting experience
- 3 years of experience in the fenestration or construction industry
- 3D modeling experience, BIM, and thermal modeling