CoE Systems Infrastructure Engineer
This openingis for our Center of Excellence (CoE) in Manufacturing group as a part of Arconic’sglobal Business and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit. We are theleading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for thecommercial construction industry and our Kawneer brand manufactures and marketsarchitectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and theMiddle East.
The CoE Systems Infrastructure Engineer is accountable for the development and coordination ofserver, database and application infrastructure supporting the COE and stagingfor the deployment of solutions to BCS manufacturing locations.
Please note: Thisposition can be located in any of 3 geographies: Springdale, AR / Bloomsburg, PA or CranberryTownship, PA. Regular travel of up to50% is expected.
JobResponsibilities and Duties:
- Design, build, anddeploy systems and infrastructure to facilitate the digitalization of themanufacturing processes and operations;
- Support theorganization enabling problem solving efforts utilizing performance metrics,cost components, quality data, design parameters, machine parameters, processcharacteristics, etc., using various tools including but not limited to:Business Intelligence Suites, Databases (SQL and OSI PI), Reporting Tools andStatistical Analytical Software;
- Work closely and in concertwith BCS IT as well as the corporate IT organizations when designing technicalsolutions and environments;
- Work alone or as partof a team to develop, implement, evaluate, procure, and/or support computersystems and information solutions that meet the needs of the customer and addthe most value to the company. This is to be accomplished by utilizingtechnically sound methods of investigation, analysis, design, planning, andscheduling;
- Design and implementdashboards and key metric scorecards;
- Determine potentialcauses of problems and devise testing methodologies for validation;
- Search and probequestions with peers and process experts that ultimately leads to action andrecommendations;
- Guide and direct smallteams to achieve project objectives including the set up and execution of smartmanufacturing deployment across BCS locations;
- Analyze and evaluatesystems enhancements to drive performance improvements;
- Interact with systemsusers, developers, and location management to collaborate on businesssolutions.
MajorActivities and Key Challenges Include:
- Strong analytical andproblem-solving skills with the ability to develop and use structuredapproaches to identify root causes and recommend solutions;
- Ability to leadtechnical activities to meet timing and budgetary targets;
- Good verbal andwritten communication skills;
- A working knowledge ofmanufacturing processes and improvement strategies;
- Project Managementskills to copy and paste existing best practices across the network;
- Work with COE teammembers and automation engineers who will be responsible for Use Case executionand capex projects;
- Work with locationleaders and engineers on delivering cost savings through digitalizationefforts;
- Possess a Workingknowledge of Windows OS, SQL, Oracle, IIS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a DB/Server Administrator / Systems Engineer and / or a related role in supporting a software applications and database environments;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 3 years of experience as a DB/Server Administrator / Systems Engineer and / or a related role in supporting a software applications and database environments Project management experience;
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS);
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS);
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS);
- SQL Database Development;
- Firewall Security and Data Traffic;
- VLan and Switch Security;
- SharePoint Framework / Development;
- Microsoft BI Stack including Power BI;
- Crystal Reports;
- NET development platform knowledge in: .NET, C# and / or ASP;
- Knowledge of Web Development Technologies including:
- HTML, Java and / or Rapid Application Development Tools.