We are sorry! This job has expired. Click here to see other similar jobs.
Greenskeeper - Lake Tahoe Golf Course
Performs a diverse range of golf course agronomic and conditioning activities.
Note: Co-workers in this job classification are scheduled on a seasonal basis. Season typically runs from April 1-October 31st, weather permitting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
* Maintains course accessibility and appearance using power and hand tools to perform activities such as: mowing, weeding, edging, set up and raking sand traps, laying sod, planting trees, shrubs and flowers
* Uses tools and/or chemicals to perform weed abatement, pest control, irrigation, and cultivation and proper drainage activities
* Maintains the appearance of all green areas by changing cups, tee markers and tee towels, emptying trash containers, and maintaining ball washers
* Operates and maintains utility vehicles and equipment following company safety standards and manufacturers recommendations
* Observes and reports to manager any potential agronomic and maintenance equipment problem issues
* Sprays and fertilizes course greens
* May perform on-site repair of green maintenance equipment
* Maintains good working relationships with co-workers
* Helps maintain a safe and orderly maintenance shop
* Implements and supports all American Golf initiatives and programs as requested by management
* Other duties may be assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements
* 1 year of golf course maintenance or closely related equivalent experience preferred
* Ability to understand and follow directions
* Ability to work cooperatively with others
* Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers - in some locations ability to communicate effectively with Spanish speaking co-workers may be required
* Valid driver’s license
Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, read, hear, talk, balance, climb, use hands, use fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, smell, push or pull. The employee may be required to move or lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work both indoors and outdoors and may be exposed to extreme weather conditions including wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, sharp objects, extreme heat and/or open flame. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Available to work early mornings and weekends. Dig holes as necessary, lift 50-100 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
You can see similar jobs for here