BGIS is currently seeking a Facility Manager to join the team in Social Circle, GA.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010. We have been recognized by GI Jobs Magazine for Military Friendly 2017 and 2018, along with being the recipient of the 2018 Hire Vets Gold Medallion via the U.S Department of Labor.
- Responsibility for facilities management and soft services leading, coaching. developing and mentoring the onsite and contracted IFM team(s) to deliver all client and contractor KPI and SLA targets
- Oversee all day to day operations of Site Soft Services teams including but not limited to Janitorial, Landscaping, and Culinary Support Systems.
- Onboarding, Orientation and training of new facility and contractor team members.
Manage Facility Operations
- Supervise the facility activities and obligations per agreements
- Supervise the resolution of technical and contractual issues as they relate to the facility
- Contract Procurement and Evaluation of service providers and employees
- Assure compliance with client EH&S and accrediting/regulatory agencies.
- Implement and manage monthly financial responsibilities (i.e. billings, estimate to completes, etc.).
- Develop and implement facility operating procedures and processes for specific sites and the facility management business (i.e. facility operating procedure, issue management, and site employee contingency plans).
- Develop strategies, goals, and objectives required for continued facility agreement success.
- Evaluate ideas for additional scope of work and additional opportunities for services and recommend to the client as appropriate
- Record the relationship and technical history of facilities assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships, communication and confidence.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding facility and services to the client
- Provide leadership, role modelling and direction to the delivery teams within the soft services areas.
- Provide status, project, and financial reporting as required
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Three (3) years of facility management or maintenance experience required.
- Three (3) years of experience supervising personnel required.
- Proven facility management competency, including ability to drive issues and situations to closure required.
- Equivalent of four (4) years college level training in facilities management, construction management, engineering or other related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Knowledge of building systems and services and ability to manage personnel responsible for operation required.
- Knowledge of HACCAP and IOSH certification preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and influencing skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Must be physically able to perform basic manual tasks, which include ability to stand for long periods of time, walking for extended distances, climbing stairs and lifting 25 pounds.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays, overtime as required and be "on call" on a 24 x 7 basis for emergency situations.
- Management of multiple priorities under pressure.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.