Rest Area Attendant New Kent
Responsible for the general maintenance, cleaning, and upkeep of building under the supervision of the Site Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Attend in-service training sessions, meetings, and out of town activities as required
- Promote a positive work environment by treating staff and visitors with courtesy and respect
- Maintain the restrooms of the rest areas in a clean and sanitary condition, adding supplies as necessary and cleaning each area as needed during shift
- Maintain the foyer and reception area in a clean and sanitary state.
- Keep the storage area clean, neat, and secure
- Report any necessary repairs
- Sweep or hose down the parking lot areas, sidewalks, and walkways at least once each shift. Maintain walkways as required to keep them free of snow and ice
- Maintain grounds by raking leaves and mowing grass. Shrubbery care is to be maintained including careful weeding of beds and flower beds, watering plants and shrubs, and mulching including raking and maintenance of mulched areas
- Collect trash for receptacles and take to the garbage bin as necessary
- Clean windows, countertops, and light fixtures
- Clean floors, doors, and water fountains at least once each shift
- Clean door mats daily
- Remove all trash, paper, and other debris from grounds and parking lot up to the edge of the paved shoulders which includes the shoulders of the interstate, the exit, and entrance ramps at least daily
- Curbs and walkways are to be edged at least one time per week during the growing season
- Replace light bulbs when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Be willing to work overtime, including weekends and holidays
- Have a current valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Be able to lift fifty to sixty pounds (50 - 60lbs.)
- Be able to drive manual transmission truck
- Prior Maintenance experience preferred
- Pay Type :Hourly