On-Call Residential Advisor
Adams & Associates is hiring a Residential Advisor for the Cascades Job Corps College & Career Academy. The Cascades Academy is a Pilot Project developed by the Office of Job Corps to test and evaluate innovative models for Job Corps eligible youth. The focus is on Academic and Career Technical Training for 16 to 21 year olds to prepare and enroll in College. The Cascades Academy will provide training in the Health Care and Information Technology pathways.
Responsible for working with Residential team to provide students on respective dormitory with a safe, clean and structured living environment that fosters student retention, satisfaction, achievement and success. Provides individualized case management to maintain student enrollment and success in the program.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred. A minimum of one year Job Corps or related program experience preferred. A valid in-State Driver’s License preferred.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and / or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
- On-Call- shifts as needed.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Maintains a safe and clean dorm environment.
- Provides quality supervision to students in the dormitory.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of incident and shift reports.
- Ensures the physical security of the dorm area and reports concerns to dorm supervisor.
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory per established department reorder points and proactively orders supplies to meet department requirement.
- Active member on case management and success teams to ensure student success in the program.
- Initiates work orders to make necessary repairs as required and follows-up with maintenance to ensure completion.
- May transport students to and from Center.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides timely operational support for Center operations to ensure quality programs and services. Pursues improvement in Center operations to fulfill program objectives.
- Communication: Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Provide transportation as required.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Academy Director/Center Duty Officer/Academy Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)