Candidates for this summer internship must be a current student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Human Resources or Business with at least two years of course work completed towards a degree.
Coordinate and execute Human Resources (H.R.) related projects. The intern would receive direct supervision, coaching and counseling from the Talent Development Manager throughout his/her assignment.
The intern would be tasked with the majority of activities surrounding the project work and development specific to H.R. that would be adaptable to all business units and/or departments. He/she would also work on other current projects, including other H.R. related disciplines and activities.
The intern would coordinate meetings with the project management team(s) to report key findings from the assigned project tasks for review, discussion and recommendations for each project. The intern would also make recommendations as to the project(s) strategy, structure and deliverables. The intern could potentially participate in the presentation of the project(s) to the key stakeholders.
The intern would complete the following (this list may not be all inclusive):
- Benchmark programs from other companies
- Research and review case studies
- Meet and discuss with current users in other departments to identify best practices
- Identify organizations and programs (such as INROADS) that can support the project
- Provide support as needed in all areas of H.R.
There are several key deliverables that will result from the project tasks:
- Develop a comprehensive intern/co-op program that supports all domestic business units
- Develop and present the project to key stakeholders to get buy-in and needed support
- Rollout and management of the project
- A current college junior or senior pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
- Effective time management with the ability to direct simultaneous/multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills which are essential in one-on-one and group settings
- Detail oriented, self motivated, creative and enthusiastic
- Ability to document and maintain accurate records
- Efficient in Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Email
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
- Ability to deliver results and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and follow through with various duties and tasks
- Good problem solving abilities
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sufficient knowledge of computers and technology
- Ability to become proficient in UPS internal communications systems
- Professional in appearance, actions and behaviors
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law