KIRO 7 and COX Media Group, seeks a promotion Writer/Producer who lives and breathes local news and wants to sell a great news brand! The ideal candidate loves writing, editing, and thrives in a newsroom environment. You will be surrounded by a team that wants to win, that values your expertise, your passion, and your creativity. We’re in search of someone with a positive, can-do attitude, and ambition learn and grow with a talented and supportive group of producers. Come experience the incredible beauty of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, the exciting atmosphere of a winning station and take your career to that next level, with the BEST media company in the country!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Champion the writing/producing of daily news topicals in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
• Write and Produce Investigative Special Report Promos and Proof of Brand(POBs) and Image promos
• Part of the creative team responsible for writing and producing PSA’s, station sponsored events, sales promotions, and syndicated promotions
• Will assist Client Services in the writing/producing of commercials, and other sales projects when necessary
• Produce compelling, targeted, and research driven promotion at all times.
• Embrace the use of process language, and sell brand distinction in Topicals, Special Report and Image Promotion
• Act as an integral part of a collaborative team, including the Creative Services Director, Brand Manager, Creative Services Executive Producer and Art Director, to develop and execute the overall graphic design of the News brand
• Must be able to have flexible hours to meet high volume demands in and out of sweep periods
• Must be willing to work extended hours when necessary to meet tight deadlines
• Required to maintain valid driver’s license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Production, Marketing or Broadcast-related field preferred
• The successful candidate will have a minimum 2 years of experience working in Creative Services or the newsroom at a television station
• Must have hands-on experience with a local news product
• Must be a creative writer and video editor