Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
Job ID(Requisition ID): 4582
The synergy of Benchmark’s portfolio of capability has created a huge opportunity in multiple hi-growth hi-value business sectors. Benchmark Electronics is uniquely positioned to drive from their unique market leadership position and achieve dramatic growth in the markets they serve. Upon arriving at Benchmark, Business Development Executives will be expected to draw on personal experience to quickly assess ongoing activities, as well as plan and implement a customer centric profit driven executable growth strategy. Though Business Development Executives may inherit several existing accounts, they will be primarily focused on developing new business opportunities within new accounts. Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Essential Functions and Competencies
development with a track record of driving above industry average revenue and margin growth, the ideal candidate possesses +10 years of progressively advancing Business Development and/or account management experience working with large Electronics/OEMs on one of the following industry segments: Aerospace & Defense, or Telecommunications & Computing. Though not required, any experience working in the EMS industry selling design & manufacturing services is highly advantageous.
• Possessing a working knowledge of the North American market, and knowledge of electronics applications in their target sector, the candidate should be well connected into Tier-1 and Electronics/OEM customer bases in North America, and must have existing leveragable relationships with relevant industry Electronics/OEMs.
• Candidates should be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures operating under regulatory and quality requirements specific to their target industry sector.
• Possessing service model selling successes, candidates are capable of selling comprehensive design and manufacturing services into new accounts, candidate possesses a demonstrated ability to personally develop, qualify, and close large (i.e., +$5M) politically complex business solution opportunities at large clients. This individual must have demonstrated a consistent and proven ability to function exceptionally in all phases of sales and delivery (e.g., opportunity identification and qualification, engagement scoping and management, client relationship management, closing).
• Must be able to articulate their demonstrated approach to account sales strategy, planning and execution including any 'solution selling' methodologies consistently employed (e.g., Strategic Selling (Miller/Heiman); Power Base Selling (Holden); Strategic Selling (Bosworth); SPIN Selling (Rackham); Target Account Selling (Target Marketing Systems), et al.).
• Has demonstrated a strong ability to develop and maintain C-level executive relationships across a client's organization; able to build and position compelling customer specific value propositions at each of the levels targeted within an account hierarchy, must be able to 'map' out the various 'players' in the politically complex accounts while defining your specific approach/strategy to building business relationships up/down/across targeted account organizations.
• Able to profitably and synergistically leverage employer's company-wide key differentiators to include technology, unique manufacturing capability, and other value added capability to build and position customer specific compelling value propositions versus simply attempting to differentiate based on being a low cost supplier.
• Experienced working as part of a collaborative senior Business Development teams, this individual is able to interface and garner support from company resources productively and collaboratively across their organization and across the overall employer's company; is adept at directly developing trusted advisor relationships with customers.
• Possessing the ability to think and plan strategically, this individual also has the ability to execute tactically, concurrently manage multiple customers and complex priorities within demanding timeframes, and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives.
• Experienced defining, setting and leading the execution of a business development plan to achieve quarterly and annual employer financial objectives.
• Possesses excellent organizational, time management, team building, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be knowledgeable about relevant market dynamics, customer base, and competitive environment.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The essential Business Development Executive measurements, duties and responsibilities for the role include:
• Strategic: - Articulating how sector trends should impact Benchmark strategy - Finding a way to leverage engineering as a lead strategy - Turning customer pain points into Benchmark opportunities - Understanding the customer’s business model - Recognizing when customer’s business model is changing - Developing a process to target the right accounts - Understanding financial statements to develop strategies - Recognizing sector macros trends - Being an industry expert – hypothesizing future needs - Developing and executing a demand creation strategy
• Tactical: - Developing trusted relationships quickly - Speaking at the C-Level of billion dollar companies - Commanding an audience with credibility - Securing the right champion within the customer’s org - Self-assessing use of time and customer acquisition cycles - Driving needed solutions back through operations - Knowing who our competition is for a given opportunity - Self-managing time and hit rate productivity - Finding customer cracks to wiggle through - Recycling cold files … Not accepting “No” - Actively leading the proposal and response strategy - Negotiating on behalf of Benchmark
• Measurements: - $’s of Bookings from new customers per year - $’s of new QUALIFIED opportunities added per quarter - # of new target customer contacts made per quarter - # of customer visits (by level) to Benchmark sites per quarter - # of new NDA’s completed per quarter - # of new RFQ’s > $5M received per quarter - # of customer visits to target accounts per month - % of penetration to annual goal per quarter - Engagements beyond contact manufacturing (e.g., Engineering, Prototypes, Assessments) Business Development Executives will have the opportunity and challenge of supporting growth of a state-of-the-art Electronics Technology solutions business targeting the sweet spot of the market they individually serve. Benchmark's growth is expected to dramatically outpace the industry. As an individual’s experience with Benchmark grows over time, so will their role and responsibility. Business Development Executives work cross-functionally with Benchmark executives, peers, and subordinates daily to ideate, support, implement and guide overall company evolution and growth.
Electronics Manufacturing Environment Ability to obtain Security Clearance
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences or business; MBA is preferred
Santa Ana, CA, USA
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.