RN-Labor & Delivery , 7a-7p ($15K Sign On Bonus For Those Who Qualify)
The Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery will provide direct and indirect patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Duties will also include:
- Completing a focused patient assessment with reassessments based on patients condition, procedures, medications given and treatments.
- Adequately assessing and reassessing pain and utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.
- Performing patient care and communicates effectively with patients of all ages and specific needs.
- Demonstrating knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and the patient’s clinical condition.
- Assisting physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Performing treatments and provides services to the level of licensure.
- Performing all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of errors.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Educates patient and family on disease process.
Associate’s degree is required
Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Registered Nurse in North Carolina is required (or compact state)
American Heart Association BLS is required
Additional certifications as required by department
1 year of experience in a health care setting is preferred
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.