Senior Bulk Transfer Technician
Job Description: Senior Bulk Transfer Technician
Reporting Structure: Reports to Manufacturing Manager/ Manufacturing Supervisor
Reporting to this position: No direct Reports
- 10 Paid Holidays Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Paid Sick Days 401K Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation Days Fun and Safe Work Environment
- Quarterly Bonus Program Career Growth Opportunities
KDC is a growing network of best-in-class custom formulators and manufacturers of color cosmetics, skincare, haircare, bath & body, fragrance, deodorant, home, health, industrial, and auto care products. Become part of a network that is known for high-touch innovation, operational excellence, and speed to market to well-known and emerging beauty, personal, and specialty companies from coast to coast. With it’s head office in Longueuil, Québec, 10 operating facilities located throughout North America, and a family of 4,800 talented and
Transfer of released bulk from the kettles into approved plastic drums or totes.
- Confirm with lab the release of the specified batch before proceeding to transfer the released bulk into drums or totes.
- Record inventory movement activities using radio frequency devices (scan guns)
- Clean and sanitize all equipment used for the transfer of the released bulk.
- Provide general housekeeping to all manufacturing areas as required.
- Assist with the cleaning of the kettle. Confined space entry required.
- Perform other related duties s assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Basic use of the English language.
- Detail oriented with impeccable organizational skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Adhere to GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), and all related safety protocols.
- Ability to read, understand and follow given recommendation of SDS sheets (Safety Data Sheet).
- Possess knowledge of proper use of weight scales.
- Knowledge of use of radio frequency devices (RF scanners).
- Ability to read and understand instructions provided by the different SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) used to perform his duties.
- Certified Fork Lift driver.
- Must be available for overtime shifts when production schedules warrant, be well- disciplined, dependable and able to work under scheduling pressures.
- Knowledge in the use of related manufacturing equipment required for execution of job duties.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands, handle and feel objects and controls. Use tools, reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. This position may require entry into confined spaces. Employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to an excess of 70 lbs. and moving/and or positioning of drums/totes in excess of 400 lbs.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time (heat/cold) associated with the manufacturing process. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment of cosmetics/personal care products.