Vice President, Life Sciences North America
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Under the direction of the COO and serving as an integral member of the SGS North America senior management team, the Vice President, Life Science North America provides executive leadership to position the company for growth, and profitability in accordance with Company objectives. Responsible for all aspects of Finance, Operations, Quality, Business IT, OI, Performance, BD and Sales.
Business Structure Managed: business unit level, Life Science business unit
Regulatory Environment: GMP & GLP, ISO
Customer Base: Global Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Leads the Life Science Services business, 5 operational labs, to ensure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management resources to drive revenue, profitability, and growth, including expansion and delivery of new services and acquisitions.
• As part of the Global leadership team for HS-DD to develop a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives.
• Provide leadership, to a team of 500+ with insight, ingenuity and coaching to maintain organization’s value proposition both to its clients, its staff, and the community at large.
• Delivers the Global marketing strategy, whilst ensuring the regional plan is fully aligned and executed to support the Global growth roadmap.
• Develops a regional action plan to underpin the Global Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical long term roadmap.
• Support and encourage the development of new services/products and concepts for the assigned market segment.
• Plays an integral role within the acquisition process from identification to full integration.
• Works with other business line managers to promote SGS services to enhance opportunities.
• Sets standards for performance in all areas of the organization; periodically reviews reports on programs; models accepted leadership behaviors and works as a member of the regional leadership team.
• Develops operating budget and short/long term business plans that are complete, attainable, and consistent with the goals and objectives of the Business.
• Approves Business operational procedures, policies, and standards.
• Review activity and financial reports to ensure they’re in-line with business expectations and adjust accordingly to deliver the pre-approved plan.
• Evaluates performance of direct reports, including compliance with established policies and objectives.
• Assures the integrity and ethical operation of the organization.
• Assures a safe working environment and establishes and maintains a culture of safe operations.
• Provides support and leads by example in all areas of safety, operation integrity, respect and customer service.
• Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in a Business or Science related field (Life Science, Pharmaceutical, Chemistry etc.)
- Extensive experience leading a large multi-faceted business
- Regional team of 400+
- Significant experience of managing within a business related sector, or a life science organization
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Experience with leading contract service laboratories (testing, inspection, certification)
- MBA and/or PhD in combination with described above experience
- Experience within a regulated pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical environment.
- Experience in Life Science sector.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.