Corporate Counsel - Contracts
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Job Summary:The Corporate Counsel, Contracts NAM reviews, drafts and negotiates a wide variety of commercial contracts. Provides advanced and independent legal advice, prepares resolutions, reports, guidelines and participates in major legal actions.
- Independently drafts, reviews, negotiates both customer and supplier agreements, real estate leases, software licenses, purchase, sales, insurance contacts, etc
- Ensures that contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory and company policies.
- Conducts legal, regulatory, and business-related research and reviews various agreements and documents.
- Acts as escalation point for Paralegals who have contract questions or issues
- Participates in special projects where the experience, ability or expertise of the attorney merits involvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Required Skills:
- J.D. degree from accredited law school and admission to NJ bar or eligibility for NJ In-house counsel license
- 3 to 7 years as a practicing attorney, preferably with both private practice and in-house experience
- Intermediate use of MS Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others and coordinate a variety of internal and external activities having legal significance to the Company
- Ability to manage issues and workload independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.