UX / UI Designer 2
You’re covered with eXcell. We offer our temporary employees full benefits. Always have. Always will. Join us!
We currently need exceptional candidates to help us achieve our goals. In particular, we have an incredible opportunity for an experienced UX / UI Designer who can help bring ideas to life. This candidate is expected to develop and implement impactful user experience across the client’s suite of media products. You must be able to think at both the “big picture” and the pixel level to help articulate and define the product design through rapid, lo-fi to hi-fi iteration.
You should have a fresh, current, design approach with an impeccable eye for graphic design. In addition you need a mature and practiced understanding of graphic styles, typography, visual hierarchy, motion graphics, and branding as well as icons and logos. User interface design is a plus. Candidates should be well versed in current creation tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, and the rest of Adobe Creative Suite. The right candidate will be equally proficient as an asset creator and as a designer, and comfortable switching between the two modes frequently.
This individual is expected to bring creativity, efficient communication, and high impact to the product visuals and collaborate effectively while working closely with the Design Director and software developers. You are both knowledgeable of design history and up to date on current trends in technology, user interface / experience and able to adapt a design for several target audiences across multiple devices and platforms including the mobile space.
The ideal candidate should be highly organized, self-motivated, and able to adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment while working with the latest technologies.
- Collaborate with designers, producers, and developers to create engaging interactive experiences.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, walkthroughs, and paper prototypes to communicate your design to the rest of the team
- Iterate in low fidelity to arrive at the best possible design, then execute in high fidelity
- Work with in-house User Research department to test features and incorporate user feedback into design iterations
- Enforce and advocate best practices in user experience design
* * * Local Candidates Only * * * Non-Local candidates will be rejected without consideration. Relocation assistance is not on offer.
- 3+ years of experience in Interaction Design, Interface Design, and/or Information Architecture for consumer-facing products
- BA / BS degree in a design-related field (HCI, Interaction Design, Interface Design, User Experience, Information Architecture or New Media) or equivalent
- Strong Visual Design with eye for detail
- Must have SKETCH experience
- MUST submit portfolio and passwords to view if needed
- Passion for information design and information visualization and ability to visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend
- Understanding of human-centered design principles, the ability to use that approach to problem solving, and the ability to clearly articulate those principles to the team and senior leadership
- Variety of experience with design media and interaction models (touch, gesture, voice) a plus
- Experience working with programmers and understanding technical limitations and trade-offs
- Looking for a self-starter who works well with a team in a collaborative environment
- Must keep up-to-date on new industry trends
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.