Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
The AME is responsible to complete all the advance manufacturing deliverable for a program to develop and launch the manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Development of manufacturing processes by completing detailed engineering analysis of
o Design for assembly
o Logistics and contingency planning
o Process flow
o Process labor planning & line balance
o Material flow and lineside presentation
o Plant layout
o Ergonomic analysis
o Visual management
o Process failure mode and effect analysis
* Production equipment & tooling specification, purchase and acceptance
* Validation of manufacturing process to meet labor targets, production output and quality standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
* Minimum 5 years of industry experience - automotive interiors experience preferred
* Experience with seating products desired
* PFMEA development
* MODapts or equivalent training/certification
* Direct and indirect labor analysis and planning
* Equipment specification, ordering, run-off, installation and qualification
* Capital equipment budget planning and tracking
* Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
* Ability to draw two dimensional layouts in CAD software
* Analytical problem solving
* Design for assembly and manufacturing
* Project management - plan development and execution
* Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with a cross functional team
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority is required.
* Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
* Ability to travel (Globally) to support product launches and technical problem solving
* Thinks Analytically - The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions.
* Drives for Results - The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
* Influences Others - The ability to persuade others to support your agenda / objectives
* Drives Accountability - The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
Other: Ability to travel and support key initiatives as well as product launches
The job description outlined above is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties from time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change or delete the contents of this description
Central Tech Unit Plymouth MI