Operations Project Manager
Job Title: Operations Project Manager
Duration: Permanent/ Full Time
Location: Vapor Stone Rail Systems-Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, New York
• Position reports to our Manager of Production/ Manufacturing Engineering
• Manage and monitor all operational activities related to major customer projects with respect to defined
• Respect HSE rules and report any potential risk related to HSE
• Inform management of priorities, identified risks in their area, propose/implement improvements in the
• area of safety, quality, cost reduction, delivery plan execution.
Role And Responsibilities:
• Bid Phase
• Tender quotation and draft industrial flow definition (VSM)
• Costing of recurring and non-recurring industrial cost (tools, CAPEX, training, transfer of production)
• Define industrialization schedule including industrial strategy (Define/update Manufacturing Plan)
• Ensure Customer, Design and Production requirements are met by industrial processes (bonding,
• painting, spot welding, brushing, final dressing)
• Project Phase
• Integrate Mfg. Engineering/Manufacturing into Development process at appropriate points
• Integrate with both internal and external customers and suppliers, including Mfg. Engineering, Project
• Management, Supply Chain, Quality, Manufacturing, Tooling, etc..
• Responsible for ECD implementation (configuration management, rank of application management)
• Responsible for the industrialization schedule that attains Quality, Cost and Lead-time targets
• Responsible for implementing the industrial set up as per project requirements and design for assembly standards
• Responsible for implementing all the quality requirements related to product/process
• Responsible for transfer of production if any
• Responsible for production planning and related achievement until product/process validation meets customer requirements.
• Standard cost definition (Tender, pre-design, … FAI, M/B decision, Product/released for production)
• Control plan (with Design and Quality)
• Actual time follow-up versus standard time and deviation root cause analysis to review process flow to optimize performance (safety, quality, manufacturing cost, cycle time,…)
• COC (Center of Competency) support by project.
• Participation in quality and safety improvement through QRQC.
• Collection, analysis, and reporting of various data for the company.
• Ability to multitask is a must.
• Follow all safety procedures
• Must be a team player and solution provider
• Flexible work schedule.
• Travel as required.
Technical Qualification And Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical) or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a low volume high mix industrial environment with a focus in the
• area of Manufacturing Engineering/ Manufacturing.
• A minimum of 5 years in Transportation or Aerospace
• Industry preferred, relevant Manufacturing experience will be considered.
Other Required Knowledge:
• Strong knowledge of Manufacturing processes
• Strong Project Management/organization experience
• Design, implementation and validation of a production line
• Industrialization: FMEA (product and process), work instructions, Kaizen, budget and schedule
• Mechanical aptitude
• Troubleshooting ability qualities
• Rigor, ability to align functions, team player, commitment, collaborative, ability to anticipate/prevent
• problem, solution provider
• Takes Initiative
• Electrical and mechanical assembly knowledge
• Ability to organize a cross-functional team
• Computer literate, Microsoft Office, MS Project 2010, Visio, AutoCAD 2011, Solid Works 2013.
• Experience in the Rail Industry a plus.
• Qualified candidate must have the ability to respond positively to new challenges and continuous
• improvements while maintaining current standards.