Category Manager, Soft Services
Category Manager – Soft Services (HUB Locations – Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Phoenix) - What this job involves
Develop and manage soft service categories (landscaping / snow removal, waste / recycle, pest control) to achieve organizational goals by: develop category strategies, leverage scale, build supplier relationships, identify and bring forward market innovations, support client solutions and providing overall value to stakeholders in support of all JLL client managed spend.
• Develops and regularly maintains short, mid and long-term category strategies aligned with overall business strategy and objectives and departmental stakeholders
• Forges key strategic relationships with strategic suppliers and industry leaders and develops those relationships, being mindful of long-term mutually beneficial and ethical objectives as well as providing the business with access to supplier innovation
• Manages category-specific segmentation of service providers and supply partners to ensure that we have the best service provision available across the category to deliver value to our internal and external clients
• Shares market intelligence, best practices and provides category expertise in improving cost, performance and overall value to end users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for category strategy development, execution and category performance of all category related activities.
- Delivery of financial targets in line with business expectations. CM continuously drives the category opportunity agenda and self-sufficiently identifies, agrees and executes these projects
- Accountable for creating strategic solution for specific commodity and service requirements, procurement event planning, RFP/quotation management, bid analysis and recommendations, liaison with internal stakeholders for contract approvals, savings reporting, documentation and compliance.
- Utilize and enhance supply chain data analytics to assess current state needs and portfolio and enable more strategic thought leadership
- Rationalizes supply base and develops clear strategic supply partner framework and maintains this framework at senior supplier level
- Use market and industry intelligence to identify and qualify new suppliers and use data to support the business and delivery of services. In addition, identify risk, threats and provide solutions for mitigation.
- Utilize SRM tools to manage relationship with JLL preferred supply base. Act as the internal issue resolution point and review performance regularly
- Provide functional leadership and peer group alignment, where appropriate and needed
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement new policies and procedures, including rationalization of legacy policies and procedures
- Prepare high quality papers and presentations for use with internal and external stakeholders and/or teams as required
- Apply ethical company standards and ensure Global Procurement policy is applied at all times
Sourcing Process Expectations
- Develop category plan with the ability to provide visibility such as supplier summaries, stakeholder engagement plans, contract summaries, and market insights that lead to both short and long-term strategies
- Ability to negotiate and have proven strategies within areas of responsible spend
- Lead development and execution of all sourcing-related functions- performing due diligence and assessment of prospective suppliers, executing RFPs/bids, negotiating contracts and ensuring effective transition to operations during implementation
- Partner with functional leads and the business to drive both immediate and sustained benefits to JLL and its clients
- Bring strategic thought leadership to identify additional cost and operational efficiencies
- Proactively manage internal stakeholder expectations and escalate at appropriate times
- Manage savings tracking and work with sourcing managers and key suppliers, ensure that savings initiatives ideas are being driven to maximize savings impacts
- Conduct supplier performance review meetings, manage supplier scorecards, contract compliance and service obligations
- Support a supplier diversity program
- Subject matter expert for category and main point of contact within JLL
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.