Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources General
Job Posting Title:
Human Resources Generalist
To assist with administration of HR Policies and Procedures while ensuring legal compliance, including but not limited to; payroll, recruiting/on-boarding, benefits administration, workers' compensation, training, employee relations, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in investigating, answering and settling grievances and employee complaints of moderate complexity.
- Ownership of plant Payroll and HRIS. This includes weekly payroll processing/auditing, document preparation, data entry, supplying unemployment information, complete employment verifications, routing all HR correspondence and other miscellaneous administrative duties.
- Owns onboarding process; equipment/services ordering, network/system access, scheduling and conducting new hire orientation. HRIS entry, including compensation changes.
- Actively participates in the staffing and selection process for the plant: internal and external.
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies/procedures and Human Resources processes.
- Learning and Development Initiatives at all levels of the plant.
- Point of contact for benefit questions as they arise including resolution of any problems.
- Assists with coaching and counseling to address behavioral and performance issues with hourly and salary employees.
- Works with all levels of employees on Performance Management.
- Ability to develop, implement, and deliver on regional HR projects, as needed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning all areas of HR and employment.
- Assists HR Manager and EHS Manager in the management of workman's compensation process and certain EHS initiatives.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (List all required):
- Union/Labor relations preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels in the organization
- Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy in dealing with executives, staff members, clients and visitors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of employment law
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Commensurate Experience: Human Resources/Organizational Behavior/Labor Relations/Employee Relations Preferred
Master's Degree Preferred
Minimum Experience Preferred: 3 - 5 years' experience preferred, especially in a manufacturing environment
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.