Customer Service / Call Center Representative
CalSurance Associates has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative to join our team in Orange, CA. In this role, the Customer Service Representative (“CSR") will act as part of the first response team for inbound customer phone calls. Our team will rely on you for delivering service in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner while interacting with customers and insurance agents to discuss Errors and Omissions insurance. The selected candidate will further be responsible for carrying out administrative tasks and maintaining client documentation. The ideal CSR is friendly, upbeat, professional, and dependable.
As a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc., CalSurance Associates is a leading E&O insurance broker for Life & Health and Property & Casualty Insurance professionals. We provide insurance brokerage and program administration services to some of the largest insurance firms in the United States. As the originator of large group E&O programs for insurance agents, we have over fifty years of experience delivering customized insurance solutions to insurance agents, agencies, and organizations.
- Support incoming calls, emails, and online chats from customers.
- Handle basic coverage questions, assist with enrollment, premium inquiries, and cancellation requests.
- Respond to questions and requests from clients/customers/agents quickly and accurately.
- Record details of all customer interactions including requests, inquiries, comments, complaints and then record details of actions taken.
- Retrieving and responding to voicemail and emails.
- Occasional outbound call campaigns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some call center and/or customer service experience desired.
- Exceptional listening skills with the ability to handle difficult and detailed inbound/outbound calls.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task between various software programs.
- Problem solving and problem resolutions skills.
- Excellent typing skills to type complete, accurate and thorough notes in customer files.
- Communicate and write clearly and in a professional manner (telephone, email, online chat and in person).
- Must become a licensed Property & Casualty Insurance Agent within 90 days of hire. (The Company pays this expense.)
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work as a team and independently.
- High School diploma/GED.
CalSurance offers eligible employees a benefits package that includes 401k plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision and other voluntary products. The Company pays for insurance licensing and related continuing education credits for it’s employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.