Do you desire to work for a company where its team members have rated it “A Great Place to Work” and where you can make a difference in a senior’s life? Then check out this opportunity!
Evergreen Woods, North Branford's Luxury Retirement Community, cares about the individuals who serve our members and is seeking qualified individuals who truly desire to work in a team environment helping others.
Now accepting applications for a Wellness Associate. This position collaborates to deliver outstanding customer service and develop an engaging wellness and fitness program for the members/residents that integrates and meets their interests and needs. Requires an energetic person to lead group exercise class in silver sneaker/chair exercise.
Must be available to work every Saturday.
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Four year college or university degree desired (preferably in Exercise Science or related field).
- Certifications in CPR, AED, and Group Exercise REQUIRED.
- Certifications from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, ASFA, NSCA or other nationally recognized and accredited fitness association preferred.
- Aquatic certification preferred.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Group Exercise instructor experience required.
- Three years experience as a personal trainer desired.
- Three years of exercise or wellness experience with seniors desired.
- One to three years experience teaching aquatic based classes desired.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) plus the
willingness to learn other computer programs if required.
- Ability to work with minimal or close supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile insurance carrier.
- Work indoors for the majority of the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC
system, carpeted, concrete and tile flooring, normal exercise and pool facility
noise levels and temperatures).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs occasionally.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 40 pounds or less.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Sit in a chair / stand for extended periods.
- Respond to medical emergencies in all areas of the community as needed.
- Assist with member/resident evacuations.