Senior Math Education Specialist - Newton, MA
RSM’s unique approach develops critical thinking and has built excellence in math since 1997. Recently featured by NPR and the Atlantic magazine as one of the players in the “Math Revolution” and ranked one of the best schools in the world by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, RSM helps children of all levels build a solid math foundation and develop their critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. For nearly two decades, RSM students have consistently achieved remarkable scores on standardized tests and in national and international math competitions, although attaining top test scores is just one of the benefits of our program. RSM helps students of all levels become more confident in math and develop a deeper understanding of the subject.
RSM is looking to hire a Senior Math Education Specialist to join our growing Training Department.
- Develop deep understanding of the RSM curriculum materials
- Design and teach math methodology classes for the trainers of teachers of mathematics K-12
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the international math education trends and practices
- Collect and analyze feedback on the outcomes of the professional development classes and incorporate it in the training
- MS/PhD in Math Education
- Solid grasp of methodology and experience with math methodology classes
- K-12 classroom teaching experience
- Experience in evaluating or developing math curriculum materials
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Experience in professional development of math teachers
- Familiarity with the theories of learning and cognition of mathematics
- Knowledge of international math education systems (curricula and methodologies)