Software Sr Engineer Specialty- FX Technology
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Foreign Exchange Technology within CCIB (Commercial, Corporate and Investment Banking) Technology builds and maintains multiple applications and services that customers, Traders Internal Sales users for Foreign Exchange payments. This position is part of a team cross functional Agile team that design, develop, test and support these complex applications. As part of this team, you will act as a key Senior Engineer to design, develop and test utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyze highly complex business requirements, design and write technical specifications to build complex computer platforms and applications. Provide help to less experienced engineers and develop highly efficient and quality code according to Wells Fargo coding standard. Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met and contribute to creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quants, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 10+ years of application development experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 7+ years of JMS (Java Message Service) experience
- 5+ years of Multi-Threading Experience
- 5+ years of database experience with 2 or more of the following platforms: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MongoDB
- 3+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot
- 1+ year of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) experience
- 2 + years of experience in one or a combination of the following Enterprise Pipeline Tools: uDeploy (Urbancode Deploy), TFS (Team Foundation Server) GIT, Sonar, Fortify, Blackduck
- 5+ years of experience with UI (User Interface) Development in one or a combination of the following: Angular, React JS, WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), MVVM (Model-View-View Model)
- 7+ years of trading systems development or implementation experience
- 7+ years of experience working with derivatives and securities products in any of the following areas: technology, finance, regulatory reporting, risk, middle office or operations
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- A professional certification in technology
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of application and web security
- Knowledge and understanding of API programming with Perl, XML, REST or JSON
- Knowledge and understanding of Selenium software testing framework
- Experience with financial services businesses in a regulated environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to work in agile team with minimum supervision.
- Thorough understanding of unit test framework like Junit, Mockito and ability to adopt TDD.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all level of management
- Ability to successful deliver solution in highly collaborative and matrix organization
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.