As the General Manager of East Coast Operations you will be responsible for the people, processes, tools, and space behind Company’s furniture fulfillment operations. You will develop talent in multiple markets and lead the expansion of fulfillment operations as Company increases its geography of service.
What you’ll do:
- Own the profit margin outcome on the east coast.
- Process: Design and standardize delivery and fulfillment center processes to promote efficiency, safety, and quality control. Continuously improve existing processes. Work with Product to transform manual processes into digital tools.
- Spatial design and real estate strategy: Lead local teams to design inventory systems to maximize efficiency and keep furniture intact. Own the strategic capacity analysis of warehouse space and proactively strategize and execute real estate changes to scale fulfillment center operations in each market.
- People management: Lead fulfillment center organizational design, manage hire plans and labor budget forecasting, design and implement employee performance evaluation systems. Provide individualized mentorship and guidance to leaders within the fulfillment center organization.
- Play a key role in expansion: Work with the VP of Logistics to iterate upon the operations model with the goals of faster and/or lower cost expansion.
- Compliance & safety: Implement policies and practices to ensure all local labor and safety laws are adhered to.
- You will collaborate with a counterpart: the General Manager, West Coast Operations.
What you have:
- 3+ years managing multi-location warehouse operations
- 2+ years experience developing, documenting, and implementing repeatable transformative processes for consumer goods in a manufacturing environment
- Passion for leading people
- Excellent spatial organization skills
- Experience analytically shift planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate-level analytical skills
- Experience selecting and managing external service vendors