Senior Project Accountant - Remote to Start
Currently working with one of the largest and top-tier architecture and engineering firms in the world. They have worked on over 15,000 projects worldwide since their inception. They are seeking a Senior Project Accountant to join their team.
The firm continues to have steady growth and the Project Accountant will be an important piece to their team. The Senior Project Accountant will be working closely with the Controller and Director level Project Managers.
Duties of the Senior Project Accountant will include:
- Working with Project Managers regarding budgeting, making sure to track spending and look at budget vs. actual
- Financial reporting to the CFO, Controller and additional management
- Prepare billings in a timely manner according to contract terms.
- Ensures correct billing rates are being used for both the firm's labor and consultant labor.
- Review expense documentation to insure charges are appropriate and accurate.
- Research questionable charges and hours by contacting employees, consultants, and vendors.
- Update project labor and expenses to transfer incorrectly charged items.
- Additional day to day accounting responsibilities including working on the general ledger, helping on month and year end close activities as well as the annual audit
Qualifications of the Project Accountant will include:
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of industry experience preferably in architecture, engineering, construction or design firm
- Experience with the accounting software Deltek is a must; Deltek Vision is a plus and strong Excel skills including Pivot Tables and VLookups
- Flexible, interested in growing and expanding their knowledge long term with the firm
Benefits of working as a Project Accountant will include:
- Competitive Salary, great benefits, profit contribution, retirement and wellness programs
- Consistent career growth; the role is open due to upward movement of the recent project accountant to a more senior role
- Family oriented atmosphere; firm encourages continuing the success of their employees and future architects and designers