Our client located in New York City is adding a Cost Accountant to the team.
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System.
- Reconcile intercompany purchases and sales
- Reporting and analyzing data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Working with production to analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Reporting and estimating of new and proposed product costs
- Assist in month end close of the General Ledger including making accruals, review of inventory / cost related accounts, gross margin reports and analysis, etc.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelors degree in Accountancy
- Minimum 2 years of cost accounting in a manufacturing / wholesale environment
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic AX 2009 a plus
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
This is an excellent direct-hire, permanent opportunity with the opportunity to grow with the company.