Manager Retail Operations
Enhance the property value by managing the maintenance department at the property,
The Maintenance Supervisor has a good understanding of the maintenance department,
operating systems of the property, construction practices, preventive maintenance and
Area of Responsibility
Management and Operations
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the property in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the owners asset.
- Implement and monitor hazard control and team safety practices, ensure compliance with local codes and regulation and pass the compliance portion of the operations audit.
- Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Select contracted services by developing scopes of work, requesting bids, monitor performance per scopes of work and contractual agreements.
- Manage multiple employees through effective communication, supervision, training and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Develop multi-year capital project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects.
- Manage tenant construction by working with tenant coordinators, contractors and tenants.
- Compliance with local codes and regulations.
- Monitor performance of in-house and contracted services and take necessary action to assure in-house performance and contracted services (security, landscaping, janitorial, etc.) are performing up to our maximum standards.
- Develop Plans of Action for Capital Projects and manage the process to complete these Capital Projects.
- Purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Employee motivation and development
- To manage the activities of all employees engaged in operating and maintaining the property.
- Accurate budget preparation with emphasis on minimizing expenses by efficient use of manpower and materials.
- Develop and manage the operation expenses at budgeted levels
- Manage capital projects in a timely, cost effective manner at budgeted levels
Assist the general manager with forecasting operational and capital expenses
- Associate's degree, or some vocational/technical training required
Years of relevant experience
- Two to three (2-3) years in the property management industry.
- Knowledge of building systems, HVAC, plumbing, electrical.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, supervise, train, and direct three or more employees.
Skills and knowledge
- Some knowledge of computers and peripherals
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.