Classification: Accounting Manager/Supervisor
Compensation: $100000.00 to $120000.00 yearly
If you're a practical Accounting Manager with a knack for establishing and regulating an organization's accounting and finance procedures, this could be the job for you! This is a position where employees feel appreciated in their day-to-day work and are rewarded for their efforts. You will succeed in this Accounting Manager position with a burgeoning, innovative company if you can take charge of daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable, and related duties. Located in the New York, New York area, this Accounting Manager position would be on a full-time basis. Apply today with Robert Half Finance!
- Ensure close deadlines are met by encouraging and managing the accounting team performance during the closing process
- Collaborate with FP& A and accounting management to develop relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, key financial metrics, and actual spend against budgets/outlook
- Provide regular review and analysis of balance sheets and income statement accounts owned by the Senior Accountant
- Prepare a variety of technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures
- Assist in preparing GAAP financial statements, which includes data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Play a key role in the implementation of NetSuite Financials, which includes system and process design, data migration, testing, training, and go-forward system administration
- Possess a thorough knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
- General familiarity with Multiple Vendors
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings
- Adeptness in retail
- Deep understanding of Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Retail Wholesale
- Solid technical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is valuable
- 7+ years of recent relevant financial experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.