In this field based position, you will visit patients to perform both physical and psychosocial assessments and electronically document visit occurences. Patient visits will be made in both community and facility settings. As the Hospice Field Case Manager, you will develop and implement nursing plans of care and make recommendations for care based on patients’ needs. As needed, you will contact the patient’s physician to request written orders to facilitate plan of care changes. In addition, you will also supervise, train and evaluate home health aides and homemakers working with our hospice patients.
The schedule includes working one weekend per month and functioning in a backup On Call capacity 2-3 times per month. Car and escort service available for backup On Call shifts.
- Bilingual Cantonese/Mandarin or Spanish preferred.
- Associates/Diploma from an accredited school of Nursing; BSN preferred
- At least two years experience in medical-surgical, community health, and/or oncology nursing preferred
- Proficiency with Word and Excel preferred
- New York State RN licensure and valid NYS driver’s license required
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Effective communication, listening and teaching skills
- Ability to input clinical data proficiently