New London CT Special Education Teacher 2019-2020 Academic Year
High Road School, a member of the Catapult Learning family of schools, is a leading provider of educational services to schools and districts nationwide. We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve.
High Road School, a member of the Catapult Learning family of schools, emphasize small group teaching environments and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations. You will have the opportunity to work with a very specialized population in an intimate classroom setting. We also offer a full suite of health benefits plus 401k plan to full-time employees.
Special Education Teachers provide instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in reading, mathematics, writing, and related areas; diagnoses learning skill deficits and delivers prescribed instructional delivery methods as determined by the Company; consults with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students; communicates and conferences with parents providing information on student progress.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, and delivers designated instructional models and strategies in readiness, reading, mathematics, and/or writing skills to eligible students through utilization of Company-designed materials and educational strategies.
- Develops and maintains individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by the Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Mimimum Durational Shortage Permit- Bachelor's degree and 12 credits completed in special education and enrolled in a program supporting a DSAP placement OR a teacher with a certification in an area outside of special education and with 12 credits of special education completed. OR. Long Term Substitute- Bachelor's degree and 12 credits completed in special education.
Preferred Special Education Comprehensive Special Education k-12 Connecticut Certification.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
At Catapult Learning, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Catapult believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.