Product Manager- Arthroplasty
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. Arthrex is actively searching for a Product Manager- Shoulder Arthroplasty to manage and lead our initiatives with regards to our Shoulder Arthroplasty product line. The successful candidate will build relationships with key customers and internal departments to help drive new product innovation and manage existing product lines. Excellent interpersonal, presentation and leadership skills along with five plus years or more of related experience and a Bachelor's degree are essential for this position. The position does require travel. Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.
- Plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops new products in conjunction with Engineering and Sales Management personnel.
- Manages day to day progress of shoulder arthroplasty products
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development efforts and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production specific to product line
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company's industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
- Provides expertise in particular product area and develops strategies and applicable portions of the company business plan.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates assigned programs to ensure accomplishment of financial/budgetary goals and optimum allocation of resources.
- Coordinates product introduction and market exploitation with marketing and sales organizations to ensure maximum penetration of market segment.
- Provides continuing product surveillance and management of established product to obtain financial objectives.
- Responsible for tracking product development through the development process from product concept, design, prototype to actual release by resolving issues that arise.
- Drives and champions development requirements and ensures that project risk is minimized. Submits reports and status updates to senior management.
- Determines the initial production quantities and twelve month moving forecast.
- Responsible for maintaining communication with the customer to maintain and control project scope as applies to defined design, budget, quality and schedule agreements.
- Provide technical assistance with complex customer issues as well as consulting services to streamline customer internal management processes.
- Confers with project staff to outline/negotiate work plans, assign duties and responsibilities, determine schedules and define scope of authority.
- Reviews/analyzes status reports prepared by the project team personnel and modifies schedules and/or plans as required. Monitors financial activities to ensure team compliance to budget parameters.
- Establishes project plans, scope of work and accompanying definitions.
- Prepares technical and financial reviews of the assigned projects and presents information to Senior Managers, business unit management, customer and project team personnel as required.
- Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to project team.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of project team personnel (engineering, manufacturing, procurement, marketing and quality) to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Conducts surgeon and sales rep product and procedure training. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met including the monitoring of test reports, documentation of instructions, etc.
- Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key surgeons.
- Required Travel up to 25%.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in business, engineering or clinical.
- A combination of both medical device sales and marketing/product management experience, engineering or clinical experience is essential.
- Five years’ experience in orthopedic device marketing/product management/engineering/sales and/or clinical application OR two years’ experience as an Associate Product Manager for Arthrex is required.
- Proven ability to travel for past positions preferred.
- Ability to work with cadaveric specimens is required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Knowledge of surgical orthopedics and/or arthroplasty.
- Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are required.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- PC and various and specialized software.
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft office applications required.
- Must develop and maintain a proficiency with orthopedic hand and power tools
- Must develop proficiency with the use of orthopedic power tools and surgical hand instrumentation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.