Labor Relations Specialist
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Covanta-Map . For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
The Labor Relations Analyst is an integral part of maintaining a stable and agile business through successful labor strategy, negotiations and managing business implications. The Analyst’s primary responsibilities are to facilitate the administrative tasks needed to support the Labor Strategy across the country. The position reports to the VP Total Rewards and Labor Relations.
- Prepare Labor reports as required by the collective bargaining agreement(s), analyze and summarize data and trends.
- Coordinate meetings between union officials, employees, and leadership to facilitate as needed.
- Research, compile and prepare data for use in arbitration and grievance meetings, business partner initiatives and collective bargaining negotiations.
- Process union authorization cards and manage discrepancies to resolution.
- Assist in compiling data for trade union pension, health care and other miscellaneous audits.
- Maintain hard copy and digital library of collective bargaining agreements, Memorandums of Agreements, arbitration decisions.
- Assist with confidential and complex investigations by researching and providing relevant information.
- Liaise with other Associate Support partners including Legal, Operations, Business Innovation as well as central and field HRBPs and location business leaders.
- Manage other transactional Labor related activities as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Relations or Human Resources or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum one (1) years working experience in Labor Relations strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of labor relations principles and practices.
- Advanced oral, listening, administrative and written communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail with reports and emails.
- Advanced Excel and data mining
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a versatile environment.
- High level of organization, detail oriented and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Extended periods of sitting are also involved.
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Exchange, and Outlook.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and technology.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
(Internal Code: *LI-COV)