Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Biomerics NLE
Location: Monroe, CT
Biomerics NLE is a leading provider of laser processing services and manufacturing of medical components and assemblies to a wide range of customers throughout the United States and internationally. The company develops and implements leading edge part specific manufacturing processes utilizing such high-tech manufacturing tools as rapid prototyping, automation, PLCs, robotics and vision systems.
Biomerics NLE metals processing division offers the following laser processing capabilities: Laser Welding, Laser Cutting, Laser Drilling, Laser Marking, Laser Ablation, Electropolishing and Passivating. Our breadth of laser technology includes Nd:YAG, fiber, and femtosecond lasers. These laser technologies, combined with our expert knowledge in laser processing enable us to develop optimized manufacturing solutions. We laser process flat stock, metal tubes, plastic tubes, electrodes, bands, wire assemblies, and cannula assemblies. We also offer a full line of secondary processes including cleaning, passivation, heat setting, and electropolishing.
The company offers a uniquely friendly and supportive environment and strongly encourages its employees to learn and grown in their careers. The company offers its eligible employees a range of benefits which include: medical and dental benefits, a 401K with a profit-sharing plan, and paid time off.
Description: Biomerics NLE has immediate openings for talented engineers at our facility in Monroe, CT. Working in a team environment, this individual will ensure automated manufacturing processes are producing optimal results.
- Support and trouble shoot equipment, programs and processes already in production
- Communicate internally and with customers regarding issues and corrective actions
- Measure and monitor process performance and implement ongoing improvements
- Implement and monitor SPC as appropriate
- Implement tooling design improvements as appropriate
- Ensure effective preventative maintenance plans are implemented and followed
- Completes product quality validations
Desired Skills, Talent and Qualifications:
- Manufacturing Engineering degree or equivalent degree and experience
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience with PLCs, Servo and other motion controls, pneumatics, sensors, etc.
- Solid Modeling/CAD/CAM experience a plus (SolidWorks, PartMaker, S Abile, etc.)
- Knowledge of machine shop equipment and practice, (actual machining experience a plus)
- Hands on experience with assembly, debug and troubleshooting
- SPC experience and proficiency
- Strong oral and written communications skills
'Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Individual with Disabilities are encouraged to apply'
Biomerics offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation Days, 9 Paid Holidays, 401k
Please, No Recruitment Agency calls or emails (we are not using recruitment services for this or any other role posted).