Branch Operations Manager
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of Shipping and Warehousing facility. The Branch Operations Manager drives a culture of safety through leading by example, setting expectations and standards, and reinforcing positive behavior during the course of daily business. Insures compliance of all Company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness throughout the facility. Overseeing all incident reporting and root cause analysis.
- Reviews bills of lading for incoming merchandise and customer orders in order to plan work activities.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of facility (landscaping, carpet cleaning etc.)
- Responsible for the purchase of all tools and supplies for the facility.
- Assigns employees to specific duties, such as verifying amounts of and storing incoming products and assembling customer orders for delivery.
- Establishes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and maintenance of warehouse inventory.
- Coordinates activities of warehouse with activities of sales, customer service and production departments to ensure availability of product.
- Maintains accurate inventory counts and location status of inventory.
- Prepares, understands and is able to explain all operational metrics including budget.
- Conducts cycle counts to audit accuracy of records.
- Maintains a strong housekeeping program.
- Assures that all safety training and policies are followed and enforced.
BS/BA degree preferred or an Associate's degree (A. A.) from a two-year college or technical school and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and handle and handle multiple projects at one time without sacrificing quality of work.
- Ability to effectively interact with all members of the organization and work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The employee is required to have the ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. The employee must have the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Personal protective equipment as required (safety shoes, safety glasses, etc). Maybe exposed to heat and cold weather on occasion.
As part of the Dayton family, you will enjoy competitive pay and a benefit package designed to offer convenience and security to our employees and their families. Our total compensation package includes:
• medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
• retirement plan
• tuition reimbursement
• short and long term disability programs
If we sound like your kind of people, we want to hear from you! Apply today!