Front Desk Supervisor
A Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for assigning work and ensuring the completion of daily tasks in Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability
What will I be doing?
As a Front Office Supervisor, you would be responsible for assigning work and ensuring the completion of daily tasks in Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assign work and supervise team member performance in all Front Office procedures including, but not limited to, guest check-in and check-out, lobby traffic and flow, luggage assistance, telephone operator services and determining room rates and availability
- Respond to guest inquiries and resolve issues and complaints in a timely, friendly and efficient manner using KIPSU messaging and in person
- Support and assist team members in handling guest inquiries and requests and in resolving guest complaints
- Schedule, assign daily work, lead pre-shift meetings, inform and train team members
- Monitor, observe and assist in evaluating team member performance
- Monitor lobby traffic and adjust staffing accordingly
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries
- Promote up-selling of hotel services, facilities to maximize room occupancy and revenue
- Cover Manager on Duty Shifts as assigned
- Assist with bell person duties as needed
- Promote Hilton Honors program to guests at check in
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction using the HEART model and ensure we Make It Right for the guest
- Promote satisfactory SALT scores and works with Director of Front Office and Guest Services Manager to plan and execute SALT plan
- Must be available to work on weekends and/or holidays
- No prior hotel work experience needed and training will be provided
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!