Freight Operations Supervisor
You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Operations Supervisors and be a part of The Dayton Difference .
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It's apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
As an Operations Supervisors, you will plan, schedule, coordinate and implement methods and procedures that will ensure the most efficient and economical routing and movements of customers’ freight in an error-free manner.
Additional job duties include:
- Compile of production and service records and measure conformance to standards
- Inspect and measure performance of personnel resulting in changes in work practices necessary to improve overall Service Center operations
- Review logs and reports and confers with shift personnel to ascertain pertinent scheduling, production and administrative support requirements
- Set up appointment freight deliveries
- Performs and or assists with billing, rating, manifesting and analysis of freight weight and size
- Maintain excellent communication with external and internal customers
- Assist with training, development and evaluation of production and/or clerical personnel performance and recommends or initiates documentation
- In conjunction with the Service Center Manager, recruit, qualify, interview, hire, train and develop Service Center personnel
- Ensure that Service Center premises are protected and maintained
- Assist in the investigation, reporting and initiation of corrective actions for accidents, job related injuries employee discrepancies
- Understand and apply company safety practices including DOT, EPA, ICC and OSHA rules and regulations
- Assist with the facilitation of information meetings with Service Center team members
- Effectively handle special assignments as directed
- Knowledge of the LTL/ Transportation Industry
- Has managed Drivers and Dock Workers
- Knowledge of the surrounding geographical area to the Service Center
- Stable and growing organization
- Competitive weekly pay
- Quick advancement
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
Keywords: warehousing manager, logistics, supervisor, inventory, shipping, distribution, logistics, receiving, transportation, distributor, shipper, delivery, manager, distribution center,