PRODUCTION MANAGER II - UV LINE
Oversees the production planning, staffing and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost effective manner for assigned department. Plans production operations, establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products. Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as employee relations, manufacturing processes, achieving goals, etc. Works with senior plant management to plan, develop and control budgets and to ensure the cost effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers.
Melbourne, AR Facility
- Responsible for entire UV line hardwood finishing operation on all shifts.
- Responsible for achieving safety, quality and production goals.
- Prepares daily paperwork, including but not limited to daily production reports, attendance, safety, vacation and payroll forms.
- Cross trains employees in various positions to minimize staffing problems and maximize workflow.
- Trains new employees to ensure a safe and efficient production process.
- Studies processes and makes recommendations for production, equipment, quality and safety improvements.
- Interprets company policies/procedures and safety policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Performs machine and equipment set-ups as needed.
- Conducts himself/herself in manner so as to always set a good example.
- Orders and maintains appropriate inventory of all stains, labels, calipers, brooms, shovels, dust pans and boxes for the UV Line.
- Tracks and reports performance associated with quality, yields, production, and cabin rates.
- Interacts with outside vendors.
- Interacts with Strip Mill Superintendent to resolve issues with product quality.
- Responsible for schedule adherence including working with Scheduling Coordinator to insure that product is produced in a timely and most efficient manner.
- Interacts with Shipping Department in transfer of material.
- Works closely with Maintenance Managers to ensure safe and efficient operation of machinery, along with making improvements to machinery.
- Interacts with Accounting Department with reference to production and inventory, including a monthly inventory of stains, boxes, and inserts.
- Works closely with Human Resources regarding personnel issues and staffing needs.
- Works closely with Plant Manager to set goals, reduce costs and run more efficiently.
- Enters VOC data on emissions indicating number of gallons of stains, sealers, acetones that were used; sends report to Plant Engineer monthly.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- College Degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5 years' supervisory experience in manufacturing environment required. Wood finishing experience strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for communication with all levels in the organization.
- Must have proficiency using Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Proven management and people development skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents.
- Mechanical ability is preferred.
- Problem solving, decision-making skills, analytical ability required.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.