Maintenance Technician II
Exide Technologies is searching for a full-time individual performing highly diversified duties, this job classification the maintenance department responsibility is divided into plant zones consisting of grid casting/oxide, pasting/oxide, assembly, dry charge, shop, and weekend maintenance which is primarily related to preventive maintenance. Although responsibilities and skill requirements vary within each zone the intent is to have each maintenance person have a broad enough skill base to enable satisfactory performance in any zone with some training.
Responsibilities shall encompass machine rebuilding and repairs on all production and building equipment or machinery including but not limited to the following: oxide mills, baghouses, grid casting machines, lead melting pots, plate pasting equipment, plastic heat seal machine, material handling equipment, rectifiers, product testing devices, ventilation, heating and cooling units, water pumps, building wiring. Performs other work as assigned by supervisor or supervisory designee.
Employment type: Full-time Regular
Hours per week: 40
Overtime available: Yes
Overtime mandatory: Yes
On-the-job training: Yes
Position offers a competitive salary, discounted services, and full benefits including health, pharmacy, dental, vision, company paid short-term disability, company paid life insurance and AD&D, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, 401(k), other voluntary insurance options available.Responsibilities
- Must be able to handle and lift up to 70 lbs. occasionally throughout shift. Work requires frequent standing with periodic climbing, turning, and bending required.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude to effectively meet a diverse plant need for general m Preferred experience includes working knowledge in the following areas: equipment repair and troubleshooting capability, ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatics, hydraulics, and power transmission systems. Must be able to read related schematics, rebuilding and repair components, reading blueprints, ability to operate assorted hand tools, machine shop equipment (lathe, mill, surface grinder) and fabricate parts from prints, arc and wire weld.
- Must have strong electrical aptitude to effectively meet a diverse plant need for general m Preferred experience includes working knowledge in the following areas: reading electrical schematics, expertise in 480V, 3 Phase, relay logic, perform basic PLC programming functions. Electrical skills should encompass ability to troubleshoot equipment including PLC's for input and output, wire motors for high and low voltage, troubleshoot heater elements, heaters, power supply systems by checking fuses and circuit breakers, changing motors, switches, etc. Demonstrated knowledge and compliance ability with NEC and OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to read piping schematics and have basic plumbing skills with threading ability and PVC welding ability.
- Will be required to work with limited direct supervision.
- Must be able to understand and communicate in simple English to receive training instruction and perform team
- Must follow safety and health procedures for the protection of self and fellow workers including lock out/tag out, confined space entry.
- Must accurately complete work orders, parts requests and other paperwork as required.
- Should have excellent attendance and must comply with the company attendance policy and reporting procedures.
- Must adhere to plant policies and procedures depicted in the employee handbook as well as conform to accepted general practices and conduct
- (Item numbers 11-16 only pertain to Maintenance Technician position)
- Will be required to perform all aspects of PLC programming and program changes or modifications.
- Will be responsible for trouble shooting and effectively repairing equipment that is beyond capabilities of General Maintenance personnel.
- Will be responsible for training Maintenance personnel of complex problems when asked.
- Will be called upon during work hours and after work hours to address complex maintenance issues.
- Will be assigned complex projects that exceed General Maintenance abilities.
Must posses the ability to direct projects and personnel assigned to the project as required
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Prefer two years maintenance experience (strongly preferred in a manufacturing environment) or two years post high school training or combination of both.
Maintenance Technician position: Minimum Five years Experience as Maintenance Class I.
- Multimeter, amp probe, lathe, mill, benchtop grinder, drill press, other testing equipment, bench and hand power tools, numerous types of powered equipment, control panels, and safety equipment.
Must be able to wear work uniform, personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with sideshields, heat resistant sleeves as needed, hearing protection; metatarsal steel-toed shoes; blue leather, blue hynit, or white cotton gloves, and respirator as required by Lead in Air's in the department.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Exide
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.